World Wildlife Fund, Inc. (“WWF”)
What Information Do We Collect through the Site?
We collect both Personal Data and Other Information through this Site. “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person. “Other Information” means is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual.
How Do We Collect Information Through the Site?
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such Personal Data directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of the Site. Personal Data that you provide may include, without limitation, the following:
– First name
– Last name
– Email address
– Position Title
– Institution or Organization Name
– Additional Credentials
– Google Analytics: anonymous (browser type, demographics, language settings, page views, time/date), pseudonymous (IP address)
We also use social buttons provided by services like Twitter and Facebook. Your use of these third party services is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding those third party services’ privacy policies.
How Do We Process Personal Data?
“Processing” data generally refers to actions that can be performed in connection with data, such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below. In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you grant to us at the time we collect such Personal Data. From time to time, we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
How Do We Use Information We Collect Through the Site?
Primarily, we use the Personal Data that you submit to verify your identity and affiliations so that you may be publicly listed as a signatory to the letter located on the Site. We may use your Personal Data and Other Information to help us effectively administer, maintain, and improve the Site (including, for example, responding to your requests and providing updated information about the Site’s terms and conditions), facilitating social sharing functionality, as well as customizing the Site for users like you.
In addition to the uses set forth above, we may also process the Personal Data and Other Information we collect on the basis of the following legitimate business interests, which may include:
- Protection against fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
How Do We Use Performance/Analytical Cookies?
Performance/analytical cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Site, such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to the Site, what pages visitors view on our Site, and how long visitors are viewing pages on the Site.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies but have an option for blocking or deleting cookies, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. You can usually access these options through the “Settings” or similar menu in your browser. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you block or delete cookies, some portions of the Services may not work properly. In some cases, cookies may enable us to aggregate certain information with other Personal Data we collect and hold about you.
Do We Share You Information With Third Parties?
We will not share the Personal Data you submit through the Site with any third party except those third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, and other similar services.
What Security Measures Do We Use?
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity.
What Rights Do You Have to Control Use of Your Data?
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by emailing us at [email protected].
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement Personal Data by emailing us at [email protected]
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country.